To apply, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter detailing your experience and a full CV.
Experienced Sheetmetal Worker/Fabricator/Welder
Due to continued growth, we are looking for enthusiastic people to join our highly skilled team at S+C. Working in Sectors such as Rail, Defence, Energy, Food and Drink, Transport, Local Authority, Health Board, etc, we can provide a learning environment for anyone willing to expand their skills and progress their career with us. Attractive hourly rate depending on experience with the opportunity to improve and develop your role with a well established, forward thinking Company. If you are passionate about Engineering and enjoy working with a team of like-minded people to service a wide range of Customers, then we want to hear from you.
Candidates should be experienced in all types of Fabrication and Welding with an emphasis on Stainless Steel TIG. You must have the ability to read from Engineering drawings and work on your own initiative in a workshop environment and on Customer premises. We require people who have good communication skills, a positive attitude and who are extremely flexible in their approach to all aspects of Engineering and their working hours. Leadership skills would be an advantage.
Good rate of pay commensurate with skills and an opportunity for regular overtime.
Full Clean driving license essential.
Only people with all skills detailed above need apply.
Time Served Machinist
S+C require a time served Machinist who has experience working in a jobbing environment, to work in our machine shop utilising Hurco and XYZ machines.
- Must have experience working CNC & manual Mills & Lathes
- Experience in conversational programming would be an advantage
- Must be able to read and interpret engineering drawings but also must have the ability to work from verbal instructions and/or sketches
- Must be able to work to close tolerances
- Must demonstrate their ability to work under pressure to quoted times and produce work that is right first time and on time
- Must be flexible in their working as we are a reactive company and rely on the flexibility of our workforce
- Must be proficient at inspecting their own work
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and fit into the existing workshop environment
- Fitting and assembly skills would be an advantage
S+C require a Maintenance Engineer with the following skillset.
Responsibilities and tasks will vary by individual job but candidates will typically need to demonstrate a high level of proficiency in the following areas:
- The capacity to understand a diverse range of engineering functions and processes
- Good working knowledge of health and safety practice and procedures
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings. Must also have the ability to work from and verify verbal instructions or sketches
- Diagnosis of mechanical breakdown issues and root cause analysis of problems
- Liase with customers and their engineering and production staff
- Ability to develop maintenance strategies and procedures for new clients
- Carry out routine scheduled maintenance work
- Arranging specialist procurement of fixtures, fittings or components
- Fit new or refurbished parts and make sure equipment is functioning correctly
- Ability to thoroughly check and verify own work
- Work with minimal supervision and fit into the existing team environment
- Confidence to respond positively when under pressure
- Must have a flexible approach to changing priorities and deadlines. A degree of our work content is responsive and reaction time can be key to future business opportunities
- Past electrical/electronic systems and an ability to work with specialist equipment, such as programmable logic controllers (PLC), would be a distinct advantage
All applicants must have a full clean driving license